Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Home at Last

The trip went well. After my wife dropped my son and me off at the airport we found out the flight was delayed, so he ran around the airport for a couple hours and then passed out on the plane. Perfect!

The house we stayed at wasn’t baby-proofed at all, so I haven’t sat down for more than 10 minutes straight all weekend. But one amazing thing happened because of that; my son and I somehow bonded even more than we already were. I always try to give him a couple hours each day, and I thought we had a great relationship, but spending every minute with him (minus the time I had best-man duties during the wedding) has taken us to a whole new level. He smiles a little bigger at me, and he likes to hold my hand a little more. He even seems calmer now. . .

My wife stays at home, so the bond she has with our kids must feel amazing. I believe staying home with our kids is hard work, but I can’t help being a little jealous of the relationship they have. I’m glad the three of them get to share that much love.

My family is amazing.

Thanks for your prayers.

No comments: